Chief Financial Officer | Executive
Would you like to have an impact on the future growth and profitability of a competitively strong financial services firm? At American Portfolios, we operate in a team-based environment, made up of diverse associates who are passionate, innovative and focused. We’re proud of our history, stability and proven track record of success. American Portfolios has made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing, privately-held firms in the U.S. year after year, was awarded the 2015 and 2016 Broker/Dealer of the Year by Investment Advisor magazine, and named one of the best companies to work for in 2016 by the New York State Society for Human Resources Management and the Best Companies Group.
Sound like a company you’d like to join? American Portfolios (AP) has an immediate need for a chief financial officer. In this role, you will be responsible for the supervision of the company’s financial affairs and cost benefit analysis. You will also provide assistance on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget and financial management. Additionally, you will be required to forecast the needs of new funding and secure that funding, as well as create awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the budget process
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Manage and oversee the finance department
- Participate and/or assist in key negotiations, acquisitions and due diligence
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors, chairman of the board of directors and CEO
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Monitor and assist in arranging for debt and equity financing
- Participate in maintaining banking relationships
- Stand accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, which include the development of a financial strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of accounting internal controls designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results
- Ability to train, mentor and manage colleagues
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and delegate tasks
- Aptitude to strategically plan, innovate, and prepare for future demands and needs
- Ability to partner with executive and senior management teams
- Possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- CPA licensure
- 10-plus years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a mid-size corporation
- Financial Service’s Broker Dealer experience a must
If you are interested in this position, .
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. American Portfolios provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.