Business Data Analyst | Platform Management
Would you like to have an impact on the future growth and profitability of a competitively strong financial services firm? At American Portfolios, we operate in a team-based environment, made up of diverse associates who are passionate, innovative and focused. We’re proud of our history, stability and proven track record of success. American Portfolios has made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing, privately-held firms in the U.S. year after year, was awarded the 2015 and 2016 Broker/Dealer of the Year by Investment Advisor magazine, and named one of the best companies to work for in 2016 by the New York State Society for Human Resources Management and the Best Companies Group.
Sound like a company you’d like to join? American Portfolios (AP) has an immediate need for a business data analyst. In this role, you will help lead the firm’s advisory technology platform development team with requirements for data reconciliation and corporate action processing. Additionally, you will serve as a liaison between AP and data providers in the development of standard operational procedures for daily data collection and processing.
- Lead the effort to get AP’s advisory technology platform, Portfolio Insight, direct data feeds from all of the the firm’s data providers
- Act as a liaison with data providers and develop standard operational procedures for daily data collection and processing
- Lead the PI development team with requirements for data reconciliation and corporate action processing
- Research, analyze and remediate data issues related to client portfolio reporting (Portfolio Insight and Albridge Wealth Reporting)
- Provide demos and training sessions for the Portfolio Insight platform and provide level-2 support of the platform
- Work with business stakeholders to formulate data views and extracts in support of business needs
- Implement automation processes to acquire, analyze, transform and chart data to provide statistical insight
- Solid understanding of financial data analytics, transaction code mapping, performance calculations and reporting
- Creative and resourceful analytical skills with ability to work under limited supervision
- Organized self-starter with ability to multi-task on projects
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, including MS Office
- Knowledge of SQL scripting, reporting services and data automation
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems and/or computer science
- Five-plus years’ data analytics, remediation and reporting experience
If you are interested in this position, .
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. American Portfolios provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.